Founding partner Jay Kamlet concentrates on real estate transactions and finance, as well as complex real estate loan workouts and restructuring. He makes connections amongst clients and others that make deals happen. Real estate contracts of any nature boil down to allocating risks. The art lies in making the other side want to accept more of those risks.
Mr. Kamlet’s entrepreneurial spirit is strong, and mixed with my logical legal training and experience, he harnesses each of those skills to help clients achieve their business objectives in the most expeditious manner possible. With a practice spanning more than 25 years, he represents CMBS lenders, REITS, pension funds, corporate and individual commercial property owners, national credit tenants and developers. His work focuses on the negotiation and structuring of complex real estate development, acquisitions and dispositions, and leasing transactions involving residential, office, retail, mixed-use and other commercial real estate developments. Mr. Kamlet also represents individual and corporate borrowers, local and national banks, investment banks and finance companies in real estate financing transactions.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Kamlet has negotiated more than $15 billion worth of property development joint venture agreements in Colorado and other states. In addition, he has negotiated acquisition and sale agreements for raw land and improved properties in excess of $15 billion, loan documents for real estate projects in excess of $15 billion, and numerous leases for retail, multi-family, office, and industrial projects located nationwide.
- District of Columbia
- Selected by Law Week Colorado as the “Barristers Best Real Estate Lawyer,” 2014, 2016, 2020, 2021
- Selected for inclusion in Colorado Super Lawyers, 2006-present
- Selected among The Best Lawyers in America®, 2009-present
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Law Firms in America, 2020-present
- Martindale-Hubbell® “AV” Rating
- Selected for inclusion in Corporate Counsel Black Book, Real Estate Acquisitions/Divestitures section, 2008-2015
- Chairman of The Jewish Experience
- Corporate Co-Chair, The Women’s Foundation of Colorado Annual Luncheon
- Co-Founder, American Red Cross Bench & Bar Society for the Mile High Chapter
- Co-Chair, The Logan School’s $3 million “Home of Our Own” Capital Campaign
- Member, American, Colorado and Denver Bar Associations
- Member, Board of Advisors for the Denver Community Kollel, an institute for advanced Torah study
- Former Vice President, BMH BJ Congregation – recognized in 2007 for personal and family contributions to Congregation and Denver Community
- Past Director, American Jewish Committee
- Past Chairman, Allied Jewish Federation Genesis Committee
- Past Committee Member, Children’s International Summer Villages
- Past Committee Member, East High Angel Foundation
- Past Director, The Logan School for Creative Learning
- Past Director, D.A.R.E. Colorado
- Leadership Denver